Bolstering JOYSONQUIN’s branding, sales and recruiting efforts.
JOYSONQUIN, a global tier-1 automotive supplier, is looking to establish a brand presence and create more awareness in key auto markets. The company also seeks to strengthen its global sales, marketing and recruiting efforts. Branding efforts must help drive employee engagement at the company’s 12 locations in the U.S., Mexico, China, Germany, Poland and Romania.
- Initiate a visual interpretation of the brand. Produce striking imagery to communicate premium products and impress viewers.
- Create a clean, contemporary design and brand platform: a new global website in English, Chinese, German and Spanish – a nod to JOYSONQUIN’s diversity and its presence in all key global auto markets.
- Apply design techniques to create a sensation of depth and provide visitors with a unique browsing experience.
The new brand platform receives much praise from customers, prospects, executive leadership, and employees upon global launch.
Empowering the communications team of a leading capital goods producer.
A new communications head is looking for ways to empower her team, improve performance and the team’s standing within the organization. Solutions must lead to effective “one voice” communications, boost morale and productivity, sharpen skills and establish robust performance metrics.
- Provide gap analysis.
- Determine support and value-add for internal constituencies at HQ and in the regions.
- Define with the team key communications activities and deliverables based on corporate and product strategy.
- Implement data-driven outreach to journalists and influencers.
- Establish metrics-based target agreements for the team.
- Establish team training plan to hone skills.
- Ten months after realignment, the communications team makes it into the TOP-5 of 17 rated departments in the annual employee survey.
- Leadership commends the team for its compelling communications campaigns and strong performance metrics.
- The communications budget increases along with headcount.
Helping a Washington trade group gain traction.
A Washington-based trade association requests a review of its operations and assistance in reaching three objectives:
- Improve performance and efficiency.
- Measure the effectiveness of advocacy efforts.
- Grow membership and revenue.
- Establish standardized processes and materials.
- Define advocacy, gov’t funding and tax incentives metrics.
- Install a centralized issues tracking and response system, draft yearly lobbying agenda and create stakeholder lists.
- Revise job descriptions and align with target agreements.
- Assess third-party government relations analytics and tools.
- Improve alignment with member companies.
- The trade group sees noticeable and sustained performance increases across all band levels.
- The Board of Directors approve a modest increase in annual dues.
- Member companies praise improved alignment with their business objectives and a stronger “customer focus” by trade group staff.
- Membership grows, revenue increases.
Engaging diverse, young audiences for Porsche.
Create a unique approach to promote fascination of Porsche sports cars among younger, more diverse audiences using limited PR fleet assets and budget.
Build a non-paid Porsche Hollywood product placement program.
- Ensure brand alignment by defining placement criteria for movies and TV shows.
- Establish script review and approval processes.
- Work with studios, networks, producers and writers to determine suitable placements.
- Assign and manage dedicated Hollywood press fleet.
- The Porsche Hollywood product placement program established trust and brand appreciation among Hollywood influencers and A-list celebrities.
- Porsche sports cars were prominently featured in top-rated shows and films aimed at younger audiences including: “Billions” SHOWTIME, “NCIS Los Angeles” CBS, “What Men Want” Paramount Pictures, “Death Wish” MGM, “Rosewood” FOX, “Notorious” ABC and more.
Building support for a $5 billion thyssenkrupp manufacturing plant.
Create interest and build support for a $5 billion ThyssenKrupp plant. Efforts must reach relevant decision makers in a site selection process across 20 states, including elected officials, businesses, environmental and civic groups. Help secure state incentives and support HR to fill 2,500 new positions.
- Execute communications campaign to reach media, elected officials and grassroots organizations and explain the economic impact of the largest Greenfield investment in the U.S. in 25 years – at 3,700 acres, the plant footprint is four times larger than New York City’s Central Park.
- Explain construction process and establish relationships with communities adjacent to site.
- Expedite recruiting drive via multi-state HR communications.
- Helped secure record-breaking state incentives totaling $800+ million through sustained communications promoting long-term economic impact.
- Three years after groundbreaking, the construction is complete and the plant staffed.
- Widespread positive reporting boosts ThyssenKrupp brand recognition and affinity: 65 hours of TV coverage with an audience of 53 million, four thousand online and print articles with positive tonality and prominent mentions in White House press releases.
Putting a lid on a large plant fire.
A large multi-alarm fire breaks out at a large automotive components plant in Midwest U.S. TV networks arrive at the facility within minutes and report live.
Preparedness training helps plant leadership expertly manage the incident:
- Evacuate premises and halt production.
- Convene crisis management team.
- Account for all employees and visitors.
- Deploy designated plant emergency responders to assist fire and rescue crews.
- Provide initial damage assessment.
- Inform employees, community leaders and customers.
- Respond to all media inquiries and monitor media reports for accuracy and tonality.
- The fire is quickly contained with no injuries to staff or visitors.
- Chief fire officials publicly commend the Company for timely and well-orchestrated response to the incident.
- The Company credits crisis training.
- From day one, media reports are factual and accurate.
Promoting the new Porsche Cars North America Experience Center and HQ.
Promote the new $100 million, 27-acre Porsche Experience Center and HQ in Atlanta, Georgia. The company’s largest investment outside Germany includes a driver development track, classic car gallery and event center.
Communications should increase visibility for the Porsche brand, help drive visitor traffic and sales of driving experiences at the Center.
- Craft media strategy for Porsche’s first experience center in the U.S., with key messages on rationale and business case.
- Organize drive event for 100 domestic and international media. Focus messaging on the Center’s unique experiential character and offerings.
- Host press conference with Porsche Chairman, Porsche CEO, the Governor of Georgia and the Mayor of Atlanta.
The event garners well over 300 domestic and international media reports, from the U.S. to Germany and Japan. Positive coverage highlights company strategy, Porsche’s U.S. footprint and an industry-first experience center.
Encouraged by enthusiastic reviews in leading U.S. auto and travel publications, on average 3,000 visitors tour the Center every month in its first year of operation.